- We've upgraded application to use the Twitter API v1.1 endpoints because the previous version of the API is being retired. More information about it's retirement is available here. This change now requires you to authenticate on Twitter in order to access their service.
- The new API provides additional information which helps in reducing the number of requests required to collect user data and helps reduce the bandwidth used by the app.
- There are limits imposed by Twitter on their new API, information about this can be found here. In general, these limits will not impact you but depending on what features you use, you may hit rate limits on certain features.
- We've also made improvements on how data is processed using a background service to further improve the responsiveness of the app.
May 11, 2013
January 1, 2013
- Search for events, trending topics, sport scores, TV shows, movies, news, and more to discover related hashtags created by fellow twitter users. Discover the most active hashtags and see how long they have been trending.
- Create an advanced search criteria by excluding retweets(RT), links, users, hashtags, and keywords or by searching for popular tweets only. Customizing your search criteria allows you to find fresh content, filter out spam, and improve your search results.
- Find popular links for photos, videos, news and websites that have are being shared by multiple users or see all the links shared by an individual user.
- Translate tweets using the built-in translate feature to your preferred language. Alternatively, you can customize your search criteria to find tweets only in your preferred language.
- Discover the interactions that you have had with other users by searching for your twitter username. This information allows you to find users that you mentioned or those that mentioned you. Very useful on "#followfriday".
- Use any of your favorite Twitter client app or the Twitter website to share your findings.
December 27, 2012
- Sort users found by number of followers, friends, tweets or by the number of times they mentioned another user or were mentioned by users.
- Use the multiple sort and filter options to find hashtags by recency or by the number of related hashtags to determine the popularity of the hashtag.
- You can include/exclude a hashtag or include/exclude(zip) users from your search criteria.
- Find a twitter user is now possible using the "filter by name" menu option on the users screen. Type in the username excluding the @ symbol to begin filtering the list of users found.
December 20, 2012
- Additional public user information, i.e. the description, number of followers, friends and tweets is retrieved from Twitter if available. This information is useful to easily identify between real users, bots and fake/spam users.
- You can now find users who mentioned a particular user. This information provides more context about a user's interactions and influence when used in conjunction with their mentions list. This feature allows you to find groups of users that are interacting together and is very useful when looking for new followers or to identify influencers, trendsetters and/or domain experts.
December 1, 2012
- Set the language to use when translating a tweet. The options currently available are English, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, German and French.
- Set whether to retrieve information about users from Twitter like the description, number of followers, friends and tweets.
- Please use the share option on the home screen menu to share this application with your friends. In various context menus, you can also share hashtags and/or users you find with your friends or followers using any of the registered applications on your device.